Adding olanzapine to ziprasidone.
- Ziprasidone is metabolized by CYP1A2 (minor) and CYP3A4.
- Olanzapine is principally metabolized by CYP1A2 and CYP2D6.
- The combination of these 2 antipsychotics seems to be irrational from a pharmacotherapeutical point of view.
- Agents with anticholinergic properties may have additive effects when used in combination. 
- KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "olanzapine" (Dutch)
- Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas; Toxicologie (dutch)
- Woods SW Chlorpromazine equivalent doses for the newer atypical antipsychotics; J Clin Psychiatry 2003;64:663-667
- Interactions between ziprazidone and olanzapine on drugs.com
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.