Switch medication from fluvoxamine to clomipramine.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of fluvoxamine to a maximum of 50 mg/day, when this dosage is > 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of fluvoxamine further to 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of fluvoxamine.
Caution is necessary.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of clomipramine in a low dosage of 25-50 mg/day.
- Day 8: continue administration of clomipramine in a dosage of 50-75 mg/day.
- Start low, go slow!
- Fluvoxamine slows the metabolism of clomipramine via CYP1A2 and CYP2D6.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.