Switch medication from sertraline to imipramine.
- Before day 1: Gradually reduce dosage of sertraline to a maximum of 50 mg/ day, when this dosage is > 50 mg/day.
- Day 1: Reduce dosage of sertraline to a dosage of 25 mg/ day
- Day 8: Stop administration of sertraline
Caution is necessary.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of imipramine in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of sertraline and only continue administration of imipramine in a dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Start low, go slow!
- Sertraline dose-dependently slows the metabolism of imipramine via CYP2C9 and CYP2D6.
- Occurrence of the serotonin syndrome is not likely, but theoretically possible, so caution is necessary.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.