- Antidepressants versus placebo for the depressed elderly
Wilson, K., Mottram, P., Sivanranthan, A. & Nightingale, A. (2002). Antidepressants versus placebo for the depressed elderly. Cochrane review.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Consensus Statement on the Unmet Needs in...
Charney, D.S., Reynolds, C.F., Lewis, L. et al. (2003). Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Consensus Statement on the Unmet Needs in Diagnosis and Treatment of Mood Disorders in Late Life. Archives of General Psychiatry, 60 (6), 664-672.
- Does The Impact Of Major Stressful Life Events On The Risk Of Developing Depression...
Kessing, L.V., Agerbo, E. & Mortensen, P.B. (2003) Does The Impact Of Major Stressful Life Events On The Risk Of Developing Depression Change Throughout Life? Psychological Medicine, 33 (7), 1177-1184.
- Effects of reminiscence and life review on late-life depression
Bohlmeijer, E., Smit, F. & Cuijpers, P. (2003). Effects of reminiscence and life review on late-life depression: a meta-analysis. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 18 (12), 1088-1094.
- Risk Factors for Depression Among Elderly Community Subjects
Cole, M.G. & Dendukuri, N. (2003). Risk Factors for Depression Among Elderly Community Subjects: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. American Journal of Psychiatry, 160, 1147-1156.
- The efficacy and safety of ECT in depressed older adults
Wurff, F.B. van der, Stek, M.L., Hoogendijk, W.J.G. & Beekman, A.T.F. (2003). The efficacy and safety of ECT in depressed older adults: a literature review. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 18 (10), 894-904.
- Pharmacotherapy of Bipolar Disorder in Old Age
Young, R.C., Gyulai, L., Mulsant, B.H., Flint, A., Beyer, J.L., Shulman, K.I. & Reynolds III, C.F. (2004). Pharmacotherapy of Bipolar Disorder in Old Age. Review and Recommendations. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 12 (4), 342-357.
- Bipolar disorder in older adults
Depp, Colin A. & Jeste, Dilip V. (2004). Bipolar disorder in older adults: a critical review. Bipolar Disorders 6 (5), 343-367.
- Prevalence and risk-factors for depression in elderly Turkish and Moroccan migrants in...
Wurff, F.B. van der, Beekman, A.T.F., Dijkshoorn, H., Spijker, J.A., Smits, C.H.M., Stek, M.L. & Verhoeff, A. (2004). Prevalence and risk-factors for depression in elderly Turkish and Moroccan migrants in the Netherlands. Journal of Affective Disorders, 33-41.
- Suicide in older people, recent developments
O'Connell, H., Chin, A.-I., Cunningham, C. & Lawlor, B.A. (2004). Recent developements, Suicide in older people. British Medical Journal, 329, 895-899.
- Suboptimal antidepressant use in the elderly
Wang PS, Schneeweiss S, Brookhart A et al. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2005, 25, 118-126.
- Improving depression outcomes
Harpole, L.H., Williams, J.W., Olsen, M.K. et al. (2005). Improving depression outcomes in older adults with comorbid medical illness. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2005, 27, 4-12.
- Prognosis of depression in old age
Mitchell, A.J., Subramaniam, H. (2005) Prognosis of depression in old age compared to middle age: a systematic review of comparative studies. Am J Psychiatry, 162, 1588-1601.
- Maintenance treatment outcomes
Sajatovic, M., Gyulai, L., Calabrese, J.R. et al. (2005) Maintenance treatment outcomes in older patients with bipolar 1 disorder. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry, 13, 305-311.
- Depression in the elderly
Alexopoulos, G.S. (2005). Lancet, 365, 1961-1969.
- Origins of depression in later life.
Blazer, D.G., Hybels C.F. Origins of depression in later life. Psychol Med 2005, 35, 1241-1252
- Antidepressants for depressed elderly (Cochrane review).
Mottram P, Wilson K, Strobl J. Antidepressants for depressed elderly (Cochrane review). The Cochrane Library, Vol. 1, 2006
- The risk of suicide with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the elderly.
Juurlink DN, Mamdani MM, Kopp A, Redelmeier DA. The risk of suicide with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in the elderly. Am J Psychiatry 2006, 163, 813-821.
- Prevention of late-life depression in primary care.
Schoevers RA, Smit F, Deeg DJH et al. Prevention of late-life depression in primary care: do we know where to begin? Am J Psychiatry 2006, 163, 1611-1621.
- The Couping With Depression course, a RCT
Haringsma R, Engels GI, Cuijpers P et al (2006). Effectiveness of the Coping With Depression (CWD) course for older adults provided by the community-based mental health care system in the Netherlands; a randomized controlled field trial. Int Psychogeriatrics, 18, 307-325.
- Psychological treatment of late-life depression: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
Cuijpers P, Straten van A, Smit F. Psychological treatment of late-life depression: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2006, 21, 1139-1149.
- Treatment for later-life depressive conditions; a meta-analytic comparison of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy.
Pinquart M, Duberstein PR, Lyness JM. Treatment for later-life depressive conditions; a meta-analytic comparison of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. Am J Psychiatry 2006, 163, 1493-1501.
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy in primary care.
van Schaik A, van Marwijk H, Ader H. et al. (2006). Interpersonal Psychotherapy for elderly patients in primary care. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14, 777-786.
- The Geriatric Suicide Ideation Scale.
Heisel MJ, Flett GL. (2006) The development and initial validation of the Geriatric Suicide Ideation Scale. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14, 742-751.
- Minor depression in primary care settings (review)
Lyness JM, Moonseong H, Datto CJ et al. Outcomes of minor and subsyndromal depression aming elderly patients in primary care settings. Ann Internal Medicine 2006, 144, 496-504.
- Recovery from major depression after augmentation.
Dew MA, Whyte EM, Lenze EJ et al. Recovery from major depression in older adults receiving augmentation of antidepressant pharmacotherapy. Am J Psychiatry 2007, 892-899.
- Escitalopram and relapse prevention.
Gorwood P, Weiller E, Lemming O, Katona C. Escitalopram prevents relapse in older patients with major depressive disorder. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2007, 15, 581-593.
- Treatment resistant depression
Kok RM, Vink D, Heeren TJ, Nolen WA. Lithium augmentation compared with phenelzine in treatment-resistant depression in the elderly; an open, randomized, controlled trial. J Clin Psychiatry 2007, 68, 1177-1185.
- Personality and recovery of depression
Steunenberg B, Beekman ATF, Deeg DJ et al. Mastery and neuroticism predict recovery of depression in later life. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2007, 15, 234-242.
- Venlafaxine and paroxetine in treatment resistant depression.
Mazeh, D, Shahal, B, Aviv, A. et al. A randomized, single-blind, comparison of venlafaxine with paroxetine in elderly patients suffering from resistant depression. International Clinical Psychopharmacology 2007, 22, 371-375.
- Poblem-solving therapy for late-life depression
Gellis ZD, McGinty J, Horowitz A, Bruce ML, Misener E. Problem-solving therapy for late-life depression in home care; a randomized field trial. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2007, 15, 968-978.
- Risk factors for anxiety and depression in the elderly: A review
Vink D, Aartsen MJ, Schoevers RA. Risk factors for anxiety and depression in the elderly: A review. J Affect Disorders 2008, 106, 29-44.
- Late-life depression
Unutzer J. Late-life depression. NEJM 2007, 357, 2269-2276.
- Geriatric depression and cognitive impairment
Steffens DC, Potter GC. Geriatric depression and cognitive impairment. Psychological Medicine 2008, 38, 163-175.
- Vascular factors and depression
Teper E, O'Brien JT. Vascular factors and depression. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2008, 23, 993-1000.
- Vitamin B12, B6 and folic acid in depression: a RCT
Ford AH, Flicker L, Thomas J et al. Vitamins B12, B6, and folic acid for onset of depressive symptoms in older men: results from a 2-year placebo-controlled randomized trial. J Clin Psychiatry 2008, 69, 1203-1209.
- Adherece to depression treatment
Zivon K, Kales HC. Adherence to depression treatment in older adults. Drugs and Aging 2008, 7, 559-571.
- Decision trees for late-life depression
Andreescu C, Mulsant BM, Houcks et al. Empirically derived decision trees for late-life depression. Am J Psychiatry 2008, 165, 855-862.
- Stepped care prevention
van 't Veer PJ, van Marwijk HWJ, van Oppen P, et al. Stepped-care prevention of anxiety and depression in late life. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2009, 66, 297-304.
- Anxiety and response to depression
Nelson JC, Delucchi, K, Schneider LS. Anxiety does not predict response to antidepressant treatment in late life depression: results of a meta-analysis. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2009, 24, 539-544
- Meta-analysis of second generation antidepressants
Nelson JC, Delucchi, K, Schneider LS. Efficacy of second generation antidepressants in late-life depression: a meta-analysis of the evidence. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2008, 16, 558-567
- Antidepressants and dementia
Kessing, LV, Sondergard L, Forman JL, Andersen PK. Antidepressants and dementia, J Affect Disord 2009, 117, 24-29.
- Antidepressants and falls
Darowski A, Chambers S-ACF, Chambers DJ. Antidepressants and falls in the elderly. Drugs and Aging 2009, 26, 381-394
- Treatment for suicidal ideation
Alexopoulos, AS, Reynolds CF, Bruce ML et al. Reducing suicidal ideation and depression in older primary care patients: 24 months outcomes of the PROSPECT study. Am J Psychiatry 2009, 166, 882-890
- Methylphenidate for depression and apathy
Hardy SE. Methylphenidate for the treatment of depressive symptoms, includinng fatigue and apathy, in medically ill older adults and terminally ill adults. Am J Geriatric Pharmacotherapy 2009, 7, 34-59
- MMSE for screening in depression
Rajji TK, Miranda D, Mulsant BH et al. The MMSE is not an adequate screening instrument in studies of late-life depression. J Psychiatr Research 2009, 43, 464-470
- GDS in cognitive impaired patients
Debruyne H, Van Bruggenhout M, Le Bastard N et al. Is the Geriatric Depression Scale a reliable screening tool for depressive symptoms in elderly patients with cognitive impairment? Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2009, 24, 556-562.
- The Five Factor Model and incident depression
Weiss A, Sutin AR, Duberstein PR et al. The personality domains and styles of the five-factor model are related to incident depression in medicare recipients aged 65 to 100. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2009, 17, 591-601
- Preventive intervention in primary care
Lyness JM, Yu Q, Tang W et al. Risks for depression onset in primary care elderly patients: potential targets for preventive interventions. Am J Psychiatry 2009, 1375-1383
- Gold standard of major depression
An examination of the "gold standard" diagnosis of major depression in aged-care settings. Davidson TE, McCabe MP, Mellor D. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2009, 17, 359-367
- Vascular depression hypothesis
Sheline YI, Pieper CF, Barch DM et al. Support for the vascular depression hypothesis in late-life depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2010, 67, 277-285.
- Life review and depression
Pot AM, Bohlmeijer ET, Onrust S, et al. The impact of life review on depression in older adults; a randomised controlled trial. Int Psychogeriatrics 2010, 22, 572-581.
- Personality predicts recurrence of late-life depression
Steunenberg B, Beekman ATF, Deeg DJH, Kerkhof AJFM. Personality predicts recurrence of late-life depression. J Affect Disorders 2010, 123, 164-172
- Bright light treatment in the elderly
Lieverse R. et al. Bright light treatment in elderly patients with non-seasonal major depressive disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2011, 68, 61-70
- Beta-blockers and depression
Luijendijk HJ et al. Beta-blockers and the risk of incident depression in the elderly. J Clin Psychopharmacol 2011, 31, 45-50
- A systematic review of treatments for refractory depression in older people.
Cooper C, Katona C, Lyketsos K, Blazer D, Brodaty H, Rabins P, de Mendonça Lima CA, Livingston G. A systematic review of treatments for refractory depression in older people. Am J Psychiatry 2011;168:681-688
- Pharmaological interventions in depression with chronic diseases
Taylor D, Meader N, Bird V, Pilling S, Creed F, Goldberg D. Pharmacological interventions for people with depression and chronic physical health problems: systematic review and meta-analyses of safety and efficacy. Br J Psychiatry 2011;198:179-88
- Antidepressants adverse events
Coupland C, Dhiman P, Morriss R, Arthur A, Barton G, Hippisley-Cox J. Antidepressant use and risk of adverse outcomes in older people: population based cohort study.BMJ 2011; 343: d4551
- Meta-analysis and metaregression of antidepressants
Tedeschini E, Levkovitz Y, lovieno N. et al., Efficacy of antidepressants for late-life depression: a meta-analysis and meta-regression of placebo-controlled randomized trials. J Clin Psychiatry 2011, 72, 1660-1668
- Phenomonology of depression compared with adults
Hegeman JM, Kok RM, van der Mast RC , Giltay EJ. Phenomenology of depression in older compared with younger adults: a meta-analysis. Br J Psychiatry 2012, 200, 275-281
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of RCTs
Kok RM, Nolen WA, Heeren TJ. Efficacy of treatment in older depressed patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis of double-blind randomized controlled trials with antidepressants. J Affect Disord. 2012, 141, 103-115
- Continuation and maintenance treatment
Wilkinson P, Izmeth Z. Continuation and maintenance treatments for depression in older people. Cochrane database of systematic reviews 2012, Issue 11.
- Meta-regression of double blind RCTs
Calati R, Signorelli MS, Balestri M et al. Antidepressants in the elderly: metaregression of double-blind randomized clinical trials. J Affect Disord 2013, 147, 1-8
- Life-time prevalance of major depression
Hoertel N, Le Strat Y, Gorwood P et al. Why does the lifetime prevalence of major depressive disorder in the elderly appear to be lower than in younger adults? Results from a national representative sample. J Affect Disord 2013, 149, 160-165
- Lower prevalance of major depression in older people
McBride O, Bebbington P, Cooper C. Could the lower prevalence of affective disorder in older people be due to measurement error? Reliability of the Revised Clinical Interview Schedule in younger and older adults. J Affect Disord 2013, 148, 310-315
- Depression and fraily
Mezuk B, Lohman M, Dumenci L, Lapane KL. Are Depression and Frailty Overlapping Syndromes in Mid- and Late-life? A Latent Variable Analysis. Am J Geriatric Psychiatry 2013,21,560-569.
- Bordeline and depression
Galione JN, Oltmanns TF. The Relationship Between Borderline Personality Disorder and Major Depression in Later Life: Acute Versus Temperamental Symptoms. Am Geriatric Psychiatry 2013, 21, 747-756